ALTERNATIVE CHALLENGE SUMMARY

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
standclearofthedoors
Zone 4

ALTERNATIVE CHALLENGE SUMMARY

Post by standclearofthedoors »

The ammount of Alternative Challenges has mushroomed in recent weeks, & as such, I am attempting to keep track of all of them, which ones have & haven't been attempted etc.- brilliant for a cheap shot at an a currently non-existant record.
I'll leave the ALC, Bottle & Zone 1 out of this as they are relativley "orthodox". Their records are also covered by the Anthony's threads. This will be updated in time. PM me any challenges you think I have left out. It

A. STATION RESTRICTIONS
1. Alphabet Challenge Visit 1 station beginning with each letter (bar j,x,y,z) in alphabetical order
2. Zone Restrictions- Only doing certain zone combinations, eg 1-3, 1-5, 2-D etc.
B. (TUBE)TRAIN V (WO)MAN
1. South Kensington- West Brompton (Tried while going to Stamford Bridge- collapsed)
2. Laps Of Soho- (Never Attempted)

C. ANTI-TUBE CHALLENGES
All 275 Stations By Car/Bike/Unicycle/etc ad nauseum (Never attempted)

D. VAGUELY TUBE RELATED CHALLENGES
DLR Challenge (All DLR Stations In Fastest Time) Thomas Cairns- 1hr 38min 18sec

Of course it isn't complete. But PM me if you think i've left any times out. Don't reply to this- please just PM me- makes it tidier. Please Delete your posts when I've added your contribution. Many thanks.
Last edited by standclearofthedoors on 26 Apr 2006, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
<b>All Good Things Must Come To an End, & so must this post...</b>
What's Your Favourite Crustacean? Mine's Charing.
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

Here's another one - something Geoff actually mentioned a while back - Tube vs Car - travelling around all 275 stations by car.

Obviously wher e a road doesn't directly follow a track the tube will be a lot quicker, but the car will be handy to make the links other forms of transport can't, such as Epping to Upminster in little over half an hour (via the M25). Could be done, though I won't make out I thought of this idea!
Paul Hunter (1978-2006) RIP
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

You might want to look at a thread I started "Alphabet Challenge in Teams" This is a variation with teams starting at different stations drawn at random and going through the alphabet either forwards or backwards from the drawn starting letter. I am hoping we can generate enough interest to post a named day later in the year, a la the zone 1 on May 19th... :)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Geoff and I did indeed come up with the idea of all stations by car and were almost kind of thinking about doing it.

But now he's off to America, I'll need to find someone else to do it with. I like the idea of it though.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA