Not the Victoria Line Challenge

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here

Is this yet another stroke of genius, or has TheFatBuoy really lost the plot this time?

Genius, sir. More song-inspired alternative challenges please!
69%
Oh do f*** off with your drivel.
31%

Total votes: 16

TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Not the Victoria Line Challenge

Post by TheFatBuoy »

Here's one for ya!

And now, the slightly not-all-there head of "me", brings you, <drum roll please>, "Not the Victoria Line Challenge".

Right. We all know, as pointed out by Anthony the Masked Warrior in his smash hit single "Bakerloo", that there is only one non-interchange station on the Victoria Line.

So how about doing a challenge whereby every interchange station on the Victoria Line has to be visited by a train service other than the tube (as per normal tube challenge rules - arriving or departing using one of the overground train services).

Using the Victoria Line would not be forbidden - if it was this would take a seriously long time - the main thing is that every interchange station must be either arrived at or departed from using a non-tube train service.

Obviously Pimlico, being the only non-interchange station on the Victoria Line (.......PIMLICO!), is left out there all on its lonesome, and it'd be nice to include it in some way, so how about either starting or finishing there?

If the rules were to be decided that Pimlico was to be the final station, then that would potentially mean a fairly set-in-stone route, especially if my idea of having to walk to Pimlico was made a rule, as the obvious "final walk" to do would be from Vauxhall.

Same applies if starting at Pimlico was the norm, so maybe it could be just passed through.

No, I know.

This is good.

As Pimlico is the only non-interchange station on the Victoria Line, then an exception is made in that you don't have to arrive there on a non-tube train, as this would prove a tad impossible. Instead, it must be walked to. But at any point.

Who's game?
Paul Hunter (1978-2006) RIP
standclearofthedoors
Zone 4

Post by standclearofthedoors »

That challenge is a bugger for a Variety of reasons...
1. Are you allowed on foot changes to nearby stations?
2. Do you have to complete them in the order they are set? If yes then Blackhorse Road will add around 2hrs onto any time.
It looks like a rather nice challenge however and I may attempt it.
<b>All Good Things Must Come To an End, & so must this post...</b>
What's Your Favourite Crustacean? Mine's Charing.
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

standclearofthedoors wrote:That challenge is a bugger for a Variety of reasons...
1. Are you allowed on foot changes to nearby stations?
Probably, yes.
standclearofthedoors wrote:2. Do you have to complete them in the order they are set? If yes then Blackhorse Road will add around 2hrs onto
any time.
Don't think it will, to be honest.
standclearofthedoors wrote:It looks like a rather nice challenge however and I may attempt it.
Good good! I'm a bit offended at all the people voting for the "f** off with your drivel" option. But then, it was me that provided the option, so one dug one's hole or something, and one must lie in it, or twist one's foot in it, or something.

One other rule that would have to be altered is not to insist on overground trains, as Oxford Circus pourrais un peu de buggre.
standclearofthedoors
Zone 4

Spunky ******* Tit-Monkey's Arsing Cockarama & Co.

You really don't need to censor.

What I Meant with Blackhorse was if you weren't allowed on foot changes to nearby stations. Queen's Road does look quite a good change.
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

standclearofthedoors wrote:Spunky ******* Tit-Monkey's Arsing Cockarama & Co.

You really don't need to censor.
Yeah, too ******* right. Here's to an end to dumbing down.
standclearofthewhores wrote: What I Meant with Blackhorse was if you weren't allowed on foot changes to nearby stations. Queen's Road does look quite a good change.
Yup.

Or if you had to do them in order, just walk from St James' St to Blackhorse Road.
standclearofthedoors
Zone 4

That was the other thing i meant to ask- Does it have to be in order? & If so Brixton- WC or WC- Brixton?
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Post by TheFatBuoy »

standclearofthedoors wrote:That was the other thing i meant to ask- Does it have to be in order? & If so Brixton- WC or WC- Brixton?
I don't know. Something like that. Order would be a good idea, or possibly pick a random starting station, and have to do them in one particular direction, jumping from the end to the other end, if you get me

e.g. start at Highbury + Is Ling Ton, head south to Bricks Ton, then go from there to Waltham Stow Central, then back towards "Hi, Bury - and Islington!"

something like that....
Root
All Zones

Re: Not the Victoria Line Challenge

Post by Root »

TheFatBuoy wrote:the main thing is that every interchange station must be either arrived at or departed from using a non-tube train service.
How do you plan to do Warren Street, Oxford Circus, Green Park and Stockwell without using the tube? They are all "interchange stations" too.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
TheFatBuoy
Zone 5

Re: Not the Victoria Line Challenge

Post by TheFatBuoy »

Root wrote:
TheFatBuoy wrote:the main thing is that every interchange station must be either arrived at or departed from using a non-tube train service.
How do you plan to do Warren Street, Oxford Circus, Green Park and Stockwell without using the tube? They are all "interchange stations" too.
Yup, my bad.

I quote my other post:
I wrote:One other rule that would have to be altered is not to insist on overground trains, as Oxford Circus pourrais un peu de buggre.