Tube Challenge Darts League

Got anything to say that's not about the Tube? Say it here!
palkanetoijala31

Re: Tube Challenge Darts League

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

1. kev 44.53 points
2. peter 29.50 points
3. nozza 19.88 points
4. andi 16.75 points
5. tangy 16.36 points
6. andrew c 14.95 points
7. ryan 11.88 points
8. a2 11.46 points
9. glen 8.91 points
10. myles 5.22 points
11. IAIN 3.66 points
12. ritchie g 3.36 points
13. matthew 3 points
14. stevo 2.62 points
15. soup dragon 2.04 points
16. nick 1.86 points
17. RHYS J 1 POINT
18. sam 0.52
19. tom +0.5

so with only 1 round remaining the park challenge looks like 4th will go to tangy 2-1 andrew c 5-1 or ryan 16-1 if can do the same as last saturday rhys sam and tom will have to rely on some one not turning up to qualify for the top 16.

special probs to matthew nozza jnr with an impressive 6 wins to rocket up the table
palkanetoijala31

So with one round left to decide the seedings im going to make clear the championship final decider.firstly the date jan 17th random round 3 date which i presume the berc has set in stone now?

firstly i will send messages out to all players that have amassed points throughout the year they get priority to play higher up in seedings means u get first choice ie kevin first etc the doubles championship will be decided first.

firstly the pairing whom wins the darts doubles u can make arrangements to hold the cup 6 months at a time or random round 1 might be a good idea to hand back over?

1. seeding 1-4 u are exempt from the drawing seedings 5 to at moment 19 will be drawn out of a bag at either the start of the games or at the end of event park challenge depends on my attendance for that one? so whomever from players 5-19 gets drawn out first will partner kevin presumably. then second gets peter and so on.

2. If you decide not to attend say person 16 nick at moment your place will be given to the 3 people below you if they attend obviously 17 gets first choice. this also applies to either of the top four seedings if u are not there for the drawing number 5 tangy at moment wil get ur seeding this even applies to me lol!

3. all decisions are made by me a new rule only when getting down to 2 or double 1 by both teams a 5 throw rule by all people at either double 1 or split 11,s if nobody has made either of these two possibilities after 5 throws then nearest the bull thrown by all 4 people will count to the winner pair to cut down the time spent.

4. on final doubles day depending on how many people actually there prelim rounds will be set to get down to 2,4,8 people etc

5 on singles championship if there is time to do this if not they will take place at random round 4 date! the top 8 seedings are only in the championship if u are number 9 for example glen at moment u will have to hope somebody from 1-8 is not there or has to leave early for whatever reason if u have to leave a darts game u will be defaulted loss.
palkanetoijala31

in regards to park challenge my attendance which wasnt is now a yes so now my odds of retaining 4th place are now 2-1 so ryan will also go out to 100-1
palkanetoijala31

without going through the rigaramole of the results of the park challenge darts as i totalled them all up as was going along

here is the final table the draw will be held at the end of the results of random round 3 tube event in pub wherever held to ensure the members that have bothered to turn up are there.

1. kev 49.69 points
2. peter 30.08 points
3. nozza 22.40 points
4. andi 20.31 points
5. tangy 16.36 points
6. andrew c 14.95 points
7. ryan 11.88 points
8. a2 11.46 points
9. glen 8.91 points
10. myles 5.22 points
11. steveo 4.70 points
12. IAIN 3.66 points
13. ritchie g 3.36 points
14. matthew 3 points
15. nick 2.36 points
16. soup dragon 2.04 points
17. RHYS J 1 POINT
18. sam 0.52
19. tom +0.5
palkanetoijala31

the single finals will be held on random round 4 date berc to decide when that is!all points from doubles final day will go to final singles table
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
1. seeding 1-4 u are exempt from the drawing seedings 5 to at moment 19 will be drawn out of a bag at either the start of the games or at the end of event park challenge depends on my attendance for that one? so whomever from players 5-19 gets drawn out first will partner kevin presumably. then second gets peter and so on.
What happens if more than 8 people are playing in the pairs finals? Do those remaining in the bag get drawn then partner each other?
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

from what i can see from the attendance list kevin is that there is 13 players im not including orange one or rhys b as dont like darts usually.

so it would work like this because its not like a usual darts doubles where the bull is played to determine where u are kevin,peter,nozza and myself would be exempt from the draw.

the remaining 9 players would then get drawn out of the hat number 1 drawn with kevin 2 peter etc. after my partner has been drawn the remaining 5 players would then get drawn leaving one player on his own.

so u have 6 pairings and 1 on his own whomever 5 pairing and 6 paring are play each other first to leave 11 players and the lucky loser after bull gets put back in to make 12 team with remaining person. team 5 and 6 get bye into the semi finals the final 8. teams 1 to 4 the seeded teams will then play each over decided on bull throwing by one person in each team which whom plays who.

that will leave 8 players for the semi finals top seeds will play the lowest etc down to the final 4.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Not sure that works, why do team 5+6 get a bye and not teams 1+2?

The normal method for 13 players would be

Team 4 v Team 5
Team 3 v Team 6
Team 2 v 13 + LL
Team 1 v Bye

then Semis and Final.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
palkanetoijala31

greatkingrat wrote:Not sure that works, why do team 5+6 get a bye and not teams 1+2?

Team 4 v Team 5
Team 3 v Team 6
Team 2 v 13 + LL
Team 1 v Bye

then Semis and Final.
yes thats the normal rules peter as explained this is not normal doubles rules otherwise the ranking system used is uneccessary for whole year this is the doubles final where the pairings are not drawn equally for example kevin might get the worst player etc apart from the lucky number 13 whom technically gets lucky unlike the number only has to win once to get to final. thats my rules and its final so in a way last out of the hat is lucky.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Looks like it will be at most 12 now anyway as Nick is out.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
palkanetoijala31

greatkingrat wrote:Not sure that works, why do team 5+6 get a bye and not teams 1+2?

Team 4 v Team 5
Team 3 v Team 6
Team 2 v 13 + LL
Team 1 v Bye

then Semis and Final.
the other reason technically is that u me and nozza are at a disadvantage straight away as we cannot be paired with kevin.

the only way around that is to have numbers 1-4 in a hat and the first drawn out gets a bye but its too complicated
palkanetoijala31

so after a tense final this years winners of the tcdl darts doubles are NOZZA & MYLES congratulations to them award ceremony next random 15 event plus the singles final for the top 8.
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Do we know if myles made it home safely. Last seen westbound when we put him on a Rayners Lane Picc.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

In case we fancy a change or even a pub with more than one dartboard (could be handy for the singles?) Some of the pubs on attached link may be of interest...

I imagine that a recon first might be an idea though....

http://bachelorofdarts.com/london-darts ... asp?p=5149
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Are we still doing the singles finals on 18th April with so many people unable to attend?